New FreeRADIUS module: rlm_backcounter

Pawel Foremski pjf at asn.pl
Fri Feb 23 19:37:59 CET 2007

Hi folks,

I've finished next FreeRADIUS module, rlm_backcounter, which can be used to
implement various end-user limits basing on counting resource usage in
defined time period. Seems like classic monthly bandwidth usage limits, eh?
Not really, it has a bit more to offer :-).

Main differences to the classic approach are: counters count back, they can be
resetted for each user individually and each user is given two counters - one
being periodically resetted by the module itself, and one which it can only
decrease (a "prepaid" counter).

More information: http://projects.asn.pl/freemods/wiki/rlm_backcounter
SVN repo: http://svn.asn.pl/freemods/trunk/rlm_backcounter/

The code has just been finished, so be sure to test it before using in
production environments.

BTW, could someone from the FreeRADIUS team contact me in regard of putting
references to our open source projects and commercial support on the
project's website? Sorry - couldn't find any contact information on this
matter there.

Regards,

--
Pawel Foremski