freeradius-client

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Thu Jan 25 21:34:38 CET 2007

Following up my own email, after further digging, it appears that
this is
an MD5 related issue.

FreeRADIUS uses it's own MD5.c, based on public domain implementation
from OpenBSD.
Client uses an MD5.c that is from RSA.

I seem to recall there being issues with this in the past, which is
why FreeRADIUS
forces it's own MD5 to be used.

Is there any reason freeradius-client couldn't use the same MD5.c/h
at FreeRADIUS?

-Chris

On Jan 25, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Chris Parker wrote:

> Having some issues with freeradius-client.  :)
>
> I've build a CDR module for FreeSwitch ( www.freeswitch.org ) that
> uses the radiusclient library
> to send accounting data.
>
> Right now, it's just sending some basic data as a proof of concept
> ( User-Name, Call(ed|ing)-Station, etc. ).
>
> It sends okay, but the packet is rejected by FreeRADIUS ( v1.1.3 )
> with an invalid shared-secret.

[snip]
--
Chris Parker
Director, Engineering

(888)212-0099   Fax (847)963-1302
Wholesale Internet Services     http://www.megapop.net
VoiceEclipse, The Fresh Alternative http://www.voiceeclipse.com

NOTICE: Message is sent IN CONFIDENCE to addressees. It may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary or confidential.