New dynamic IP pools module

Pawel Foremski pjf at asn.pl
Fri Jan 26 23:13:18 CET 2007

Hi group,

Here is a new FreeRADIUS module which provides dynamic IP addresses. It uses
some new approaches and IMHO has greater functionality in some areas than
already existing solutions.

More information:

  http://projects.asn.pl/freemods/wiki/rlm_netvim_pools

Source code (last test with v. 1.1.3):

  svn co http://svn.asn.pl/freemods/trunk/rlm_netvim_pool

The code has been in production use since 2005, so I would consider it quite
stable.

BTW, I would like to submit a new vendor-specific RADIUS dictionary to the
FreeRADIUS project:

  http://svn.asn.pl/misc/freeradius/dictionary.asn

We, guys at ASN, develop a Linux distribution for network access servers -
Lintrack [1] - and we use this dictionary for functionality implemented in
our system.

I would like to thank the FreeRADIUS development team for their great work.
It's one of the best coded servers implemented in C I've ever seen (at least
the core ;-)). Stay tuned for our further contributions to the project (and
hey, don't miss our FreeRADIUS web interface [2])!.

[1] http://www.lintrack.org/
[2] http://projects.asn.pl/ara/

Cheers,

--