Vendor statement re: CVE-2007-0080

3APA3A 3APA3A at SECURITY.NNOV.RU
Tue Jan 30 17:20:27 CET 2007

Dear Alan, Robert,

To  clarify:  if  user  has access to configuration file he has multiple
_legal_  ways  to  execute  external  applications or code (e.g. use any
python  code,  specify  any  dynamic  library  as  a plugin, specify any
external  application as a processor for authentication request, etc) in
context of FreeRADIUS server.

That is, buffer overflow gives nothing to potential attacker. It doesn't
create any new attack vector.

--
~/ZARAZA
Ñóùåñòâóþ ëèøü ÿ ñàì, íèêóäà íå ëåòÿ. (Ëåì)