Block wiki spammer.

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Mon Jul 9 16:54:52 CEST 2007

On Sunday 08 July 2007 06:24:36 Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Theres no revert button , instead your meant to list the pages history
> select a previous revision, edit it and save it.

You can go into Recent Changes, click on the diff link, and rollback to the
previous revision.  Some spammers have figured this out and do multiple edits
which make the rollback feature pointless, so you must edit+save an older
version of the page to restore content.

> A possible solution would be moderated edits ? if media wiki supports
> this .. Where nothing goes live until it's been approved by a moderator.

They would be nice.

I've been cleaning up changes that others miss or get overwhelmed with... just
hide patrolled edits in the RecentChanges page (may be sysop only?).  That is
how I have identified and resolved most of the spam leftovers that fall
through the cracks.

Kevin Bonner