Creating hashed and reading hashed passwords

Anton FH antonfh at lantic.net
Thu Jul 12 16:12:49 CEST 2007

I have taken over management of a server used as RAS/Radius server for a
local company. The are using freeradius  (with which I am not familiar) , my
basic task is mainly focused on adding entries into the file :
/etc/freeradius/users.

Some of these entries are hashed/encrypted , example :

someuser        Password == "AA83594805E8"
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
 Port-Limit = 2,
 Framed-Protocol = PPP

I have no idea how they got the "encrypted" hashed password and how to
convert the has to clear text so I can give users their actual password. Is
there a command in freeradius the previous admin uses for this (or how was
this created) ?

Any advice , assistance would be greatly appreciated.