CoA integration

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Jul 19 16:09:21 CEST 2007

Hi Guys

I am doing some work on cleaning up and integrating a CoA script and web
interface to share its configuration with FreeRADIUS.

Now, in future we are going to need some type of CoA support inside
FreeRADIUS, so I want to make sure I do things in a way to works going
forward.

My initial issue is moving the list of CoA secrets I have from inside my
python code into a place where FreeRADIUS can use the info also.

Now, to me it makes sense to keep the CoA secret in the NAS table (or
clients.conf) as a RADIUS client and a CoA server are almost always going to
share information (ie. be the same thing) and in cases where they are not we
could either leave out the CoA secret or the RADIUS shared secret..

With that logic I plan to add a "coasecret" field to the NAS table (same can
be done for clients.conf). Does anyone have anything against this plan?

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/