SQL config file names

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Fri Jul 20 00:34:22 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon said:
> Hi Guys
>
> Over the last few months I have been trying to clean up the SQL config
> files
> ready for the 2.0 release. We currently have the following in raddb/sql/
>
> mssql-dialup.conf
> mysql-dialup.conf
> mysql-ippool-dialup.conf
> mysql-sqlcounter.conf
> oracle-dialup.conf
> postgresql-dialup.conf
> postgresql-ippool-dialup.conf
> postgresql-sqlcounter.conf
> postgresql-voip-postpaid.conf
>
> The question is, is it best to do it this way with the database name
> first,
> or should we put the database name last, just before the .conf. For
> example "raddb/sql/counter-mysql.conf"

I kinda like it the way it is, but could live with it either way.

BTW, why the '-dialup'?  Doesn't really matter, but it is a little
misleading, as there's nothing specific to dialup in there.

How about:

mssql-sql.conf
mysql-sql.conf
mysql-sqlippool.conf
mysql-sqlcounter.conf
oracle-sql.conf
postgresql-sql.conf
postgresql-sqlippool.conf
postgresql-sqlcounter.conf
postgresql-voip-postpaid.conf

... so what comes after the - matches the foo part of the rlm_foo module
name.  Except I have no idea what module void-postpaid belongs to.

   -- hugh