new rlm_module

MACHANI Ouahiba o.machani at oberthurcs.com
Thu Jun 28 09:44:19 CEST 2007

  Hi all,

  I have an new rlm_module (I used the rlm_example of freeradius) as
described in http://wiki.freeradius.org/Modules. i do nothing special
just add DEBUG  in the different functions.

  The configure, make and make install operation works normaly without
errors.

  1- first I just add the module in modules section in radiusd.conf :
nothing hapens when I execute the the radius daemon (no message
indicating that the module is loaded). And when I send a request radius
packet, the debug commands that I put in the authentication function is
not executed/

  this is the code of the authentication  :
  ######""
  static int examlpe_authenticate(void *instance, REQUEST *request)
  {
      /* quiet the compiler */
      instance = instance;
      request = request;

     DEBUG("rlm_hotp: test de la fonction d'authentification");

      return RLM_MODULE_OK;
  }
  #########

  2- when I add  the module in the authaurisation section (just before
PAP), I see the message telling that the rlm_examlpe is loaded  but this
error occurs when i send a request packet :
  ###########
  rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32782, id=41,
length=56
          User-Name = "test"
          User-Password = "test"
          NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
          NAS-Port = 0
    Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
    modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
    modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
    modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
      rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "test", looking up realm NULL
      rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
    modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
    modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound for request 0
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  Note : I left the authorization function as it was in the rlm_examlpe.c.

  - please help me to diagnostic this!
  - can somebody tell me who to do to authentication request handled by
the new module?

  Thanks.

  Lisa.