fr 1.1.3 Server crash

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 2 10:01:17 CET 2007

Boian Jordanov wrote:
> Strange thing is that nobody try to stop or HUP the server.

  Uh, no.

  The only time the module detach routine is called is when the server
is being shut down, or is HUP'd.

> isn't it mean that some way instance is loosed ?
> #11 0x0000002a95aa7240 in perl_detach (instance=Variable "instance"
> is not available.
> ) at rlm_perl.c:1241

  That may be an artifact of the C compiler doing optimizations.

> For infrormation i have seen in my logs that after the error message
> "Internal error processing module entry" perl_module start cleaning i
> mean it call perl_detach function for every perl_clone it have been
> created before.

  Ignore the "detach" problem.  The "internal error" is the one causing
the problem.  The data structures that track the modules are created
when the server starts, and are NOT supposed to change.  The "internal
error" means that they changed.