HUP handling: a thought

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Fri May 4 10:10:28 CEST 2007

>   Suggestions?
>
>   After spending some time on this, there isn't a ready-made solution
> that I've found.  Looking on the net, few servers other than OpenLDAP
> support dynamic run-time changes to the config.  And they all do so via
> a DB interface.

I Think loading configs via SQL is an excellent idea, it would allow
central configuration of multiple servers,
and far better integration with dialup admin (is anyone still developing
dialup admin ?).
Would also allow easier access to the configuration items instead of
having to go through many hundreds of lines
of configuration directives in vi .

You could even have web based setups for freeRADIUS,
which would save a lot of the annoying questions which keep appearing on
this list, over and over again.

---
Arran