HOW CAN I CHANGE ROUTER ESSID BY USING FREERADIUS OR CHILL OR ETC.

durjan hussain durjan_project at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 02:39:40 CEST 2007

Thanks Arran,

You mean i can change the ESSID or restart the router using PHPs ssh2 extensions.
Is it right????

thanks

Durjan..

Arran Cudbard-Bell <A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk> wrote: durjan hussain wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How can i change router ESSID by using freeradius or chillispot with
> combination php.mysql etc...
>
> I have created Web Administrator system (using
> php,mysql,apache,freeradius,chillispot)..but i also need to change ESSID
> or restart router through my system..
>
> How can i????????????/
>
> Any help appreciated..
>

> Thanks..
>
> Durjan Hussain
> M.Sc,SCJP1.4,SCWCD

> Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Wrong Protocol.

The RADIUS protocol deals with AAA stuff only, configuring ESSIDs is not
part of AAA.

You want SNMP.

Or if your NASs are being difficult/don't support SNMP, theres always
interactive shell sessions using the PHPs ssh2 extensions.

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/ref.ssh2.php

It's what i'm playing with ATM to push out mass configurations.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer