Propose to release 2.0-pre0 this week

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 14 10:30:22 CEST 2007

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> will it handle the load balancing of EAP to remote sites now?

  Yes.  See "client-balance".  I'm about to add "client-port-balance",
which does load-balancing by hashing source IP *and* port.  It means
that authentication && accounting won't go to the same home server, but
the load will be spread much more evenly across home servers.

  If I get time, I'll add a module to track proxied requests.  The idea
is that you can just use "load-balance" to spread the load evenly across
home servers.  When a response with "state" is seen, it's put into a
list for tracking.  When the next request comes in with the same
"state", it gets proxied to the same home server that sent the response
with that "state".

  For various reasons, this code should probably not go into the server
core.