latest CVS doesnt like nas_table no more....

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon May 28 20:11:13 CEST 2007

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Sounds like user defined configuration variables are broken.
Confirmed, all ${variable} declarations are broken in all modules.

Means the authorization queries in rlm_sql don't work anymore :/

> yes...the question is, what is supported. 1.1.6 is a fair request
> to make of the users... 2.0-preX ? not yet I feel. too much of
> demand to make.

Well you can provide the configuration files, and if they decide they
want to switch then they can.
I agree there should be no official support for 2.0-preX , it's changing
too much. The documentation you write for it one week will be out of the
date the next.

Like all the emergency fail over stuff I did last week is now broken
with the new configuration system *glares*, but I guess thats the price
of progress :)
> i recieved your JRS stanza recipe - but havent setup location on
> the support server for it yet.

If Alan D decided to change the format of client listings you could use
config vars to define the hosts
in clients.conf too, which would be neat .

Instance name is used as shortname
and ipaddr contains dotted quad / domain name.
templates {
       client {
          nastype = other
client jrs0 {
                ipaddr = ${jrs_config.server0}
                secret = ${jrs_config.secret0}
}
client jrs1 {
                ipaddr = ${jrs_config.server1}
                secret = ${jrs_config.secret1}
}
client jrs2 {
                ipaddr = ${jrs_config.server2}
                secret = ${jrs_config.secret2}
}

See neatness, and it would match the proxy format for hosts... go on you
know you want to :D