Performance Issues

Eivind Naess eivind.naess at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:15:18 CET 2007

Veerendra,

Just to add my 2¢ to the conversation above. Really what you'd want is
to make freeradius client code provide the possibility of using
select() in your own code and not a part of performing radius_auth()
where select() is buried in the code of send_server(). In this way you
can make your code more "even-driven". This is an area where I'd like
to make an improvement in the freeradius client code (just haven't got
to it yet due to though schedules at work).

However, what you may want to check out is the freebsd code for
libradius, I haven't tried so yet, but I believe I read somewhere that
it provides such an API where your application performs the select and
you call one of its API functions if that FD triggers.

API for libradius:
http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=3&topic=libradius

rad_init_send_request
rad_continue_send_request
rad_send_request

You should look into it and see if this API provide you the interface
that you need for your application.

Best Regards,
- Eivind