upgrade path for distributions

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Sep 2 21:50:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

>   And realistically speaking, 1.1.x isn't strictly backwards compatible,
> either.  People have *had* to upgrade at some point.
>
>   Once 2.0 is released, I *very* much doubt we'll continue with
> development on the 1.1.x branch.  The new features are so powerful that
> it's just too painful to use 1.1.x any more.

hmm, on the other hand, is there any way in which we could
migrate 1.1.x installations to 2.0 - eg upgrade SQL schema,
convert their tables so User-Password -> Cleartext-Password
(and change operator)... the issue are those folk that have
edited their conf files so badly/much that there is no way
of parsing them easily.... though perhaps using a 1.1.x
radiusd engine to parse the options and to spew them out as
a radiusd 2.x config file?

alan