Radsniff bugs

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 17:19:00 CEST 2007

--- Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> a écrit :
> > 1- radsniff crashes on some packets:
> >   * non-RADIUS packets
>
>   That should be fixed now.
>
> >   * status-server requests
>
>   Haven't tested that yet.

Ok, I'll test both when I receive the cvs update
summary.

> > 2- radsniff is not able to manage fragmented
> RADIUS packets (maybe its pcap's fault?). In some
> cases, my Access-Accept can be quite big (more than
> 1500 bytes for RADIUS packet length) because they
> ship lot's of VSA
>
>   Hmm... radsniff will have to re-assemble fragments
> by hand.  Ugh.

Look at this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org/msg02991.html

It seems that someone has a patch to libpcap to hide
re-assembly tasks to programs using libpcap. But the
post is very recent and there is no response, so I
don't know if we can count on libpcap evolution.

> > 3- radsniff RADIUS attribute filter desn't work -
> actually, I can't figure out the correct syntax
>
>   It was trying to parse the filters before reading
> the dictionaries.
> That's been fixed.

I'll test this too.

Thanks