pam_radius-1.3.17 ruser implementation

HORSTMAN, MARK A (ATTSI) mh2620 at att.com
Thu Aug 14 19:16:50 CEST 2008

I don't use the 'ruser' option to pam_radius.so, but while porting
pam_radius-1.3.17 to Mac OS X 10.5.4 I noticed the following warning:

  cc -Wall -fPIC -arch i386 -c pam_radius_auth.c -o pam_radius_auth.o
  pam_radius_auth.c:1112: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type

Which equates to the following assignment:
  user = userinfo;

Oddly enough these are locally defined as:
  CONST char *user;
  CONST char **userinfo;

So I don't know that the 'user = userinfo' assignment is doing what was
intended.

Additionally, userinfo is assigned a few lines above that with the call:
  retval = pam_get_item(pamh, PAM_RUSER, (CONST void **)&userinfo);

So a *** is being passed and cast as a **? That doesn't seem right.

I would think that the ruser feature is not working, but I don't use it.

Mark Horstman