return codes of update stanzas

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Feb 15 10:28:17 CET 2008

Hi,

these stanzas return "notfound" on places where I wouldn't expect it...

config:

authorize {
        update request {
                RESTENA-Service-Type := "IMAP"
        }
        update reply {
                Reply-Message := "%{request:RESTENA-Service-Type}"
        }
        sql
        pap
}

And a run in -X says:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 2001:a18:1:8::155 port 34772,
id=231, length=59
        User-Name = "swinter"
        User-Password = "something"
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.2
        NAS-Port = 123
server IMAP {
+- entering group authorize
++[request] returns notfound
        expand: %{request:RESTENA-Service-Type} -> IMAP
++[reply] returns notfound
        expand: %{User-Name} -> swinter

... [rlm_sql stuff] ...

++[sql] returns ok
++[pap] returns updated
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
auth: type "PAP"
+- entering group PAP
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "something"
rlm_pap: Using clear text password "something"
rlm_pap: User authenticated successfully
++[pap] returns ok
Login OK: [swinter/something] (from client aragorn-v6 port 123)
} # server IMAP
Sending Access-Accept of id 231 to 2001:a18:1:8::155 port 34772
        Reply-Message = "IMAP"
Finished request 0.

Obviously, the server performs the request and reply updates. Debug output
says that both returned "notfound" though. Shouldn't they return "updated",
at least for the sake of clarity when reading debug output? At first glance,
I thought I got the syntax of unlang wrong when I read "notfound".

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg