Strange packet causing radius to crash.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Thu Feb 21 17:31:44 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   Can you post the *hex* version of the packet?  The "VSA too short"
> error means that it isn't printing out what's actually in the packet.
> So... it doesn't say *why* the VSA is too short.

I'm not sure either, I attached the whole packet in hex for your review.

>   And does this crash when the server *doesn't* have that patch?

It doesn't crash when I omit the patch.  My C is very weak so I suspect
I did something wrong, but I really need this feature, so muddled though
it anyway.  While trying to troubleshoot I was able to capture the
packet that crashes it.  There are more packets like it from the same
host that show the same VSA too short that also crash it.

>   Without the *contents* of the attribute, it's impossible to know more.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Thanks for looking Alan.

schu