Version 2.0.0 has been released
Alan T DeKok
aland at freeradius.org
Thu Jan 10 15:32:32 CET 2008
January 10, 2007 - Version 2.0.0 has been released.
We are pleased to announce that Version 2.0.0 has been released.
This version is a tremendous step forward in functionality for the server.
See http://freeradius.org for more information, including downloads,
and major updates to the web site.
* simple policy language (see "man unlang")
* virtual servers ("raddb/sites-available/README")
* IPv6 support
* better proxy support ("raddb/proxy.conf")
* More EAP types
* Debugging output should be <em>much</em> easier to understand
* VMPS support
* More modules have been moved to "stable" status (python, etc.)
* SQL configuration has been cleaned up (see "raddb/sql/*")
* limited support for HUP. (The configuration for some modules is
re-loaded on HUP. Nothing else is reloaded.)
* check configuration and exit ("radiusd -C")
* Server core is now event based (simpler, more powerful)
* The server re-design has resulted in simple fixes for many issues
that were too difficult to correct in Version 1.1.x.
More information about the Freeradius-Devel