Better logging && debugging

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 12:20:35 CEST 2008

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>   I think the next release could be called 2.1. :)
>>

> I agree.  the 2.0.2 - 2.0.5 feature set changes are not minor
> increments. some major new abilities.... not quite 3.x stuff though ;-)
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Yep the dynamic client stuff is definitely worthy of a 2.1* if you can
get it so that it doesn't block the main server process !
I'm up for enabling it on our production servers as an alternative to
reading in the entire client list as load time, but with the current
throttling limits that's not really possible.

As for the logging stuff, excellent work but, though still unsure about
that syntax, could you add an 'execute but don't assign return value'
construct?
There are other uses like doing SQL inserts, where you only really care
about the return code.

Just think it'll confuse people.

Arran

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,