change of debug/info behaviour

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 23:04:49 CEST 2008

hi,

whilst playing with the dynamic-clients feature (very neat
by the way -cool staff) I noted a feature of FreeRADIUS
which has changed in version 2.0.x wince 2.0.0

in the old days, you'd get an error in the normal log
when you had an unknown client:

radlog(L_ERR, "Ignoring request from unknown client %s port %d", yada yada...;

this error is STILL printed out in vmps.c and dhcpd.c
but it is no longer printed out in listen.c - missing
clients/erroneous clients is a top problem in the radiusd
world...  the error message IS printed in full debug
mode - can we get it back for normal operational mode?

thanks

alan