possible FIPS changes required

William Rettig WRettig at efji.com
Thu Apr 16 19:35:11 CEST 2009

Hello all.

Thank you for FreeRADIUS.

I am facing a requirement for FIPS compliant AES Key-wrap function.  I
have not found support for it in the docs I have skimmed the code to no
avail.  Before I go off and add the feature, I wanted to make sure that
it is not already there either in whole or in part.

In a nutshell AES Key-wrap is the name of a procedure to encrypt and
package the Master Key sent to the Access Point in the RADIUS accept
packet.

So that I stay within the design intent of FreeRADIUS, I request some
guidance with an approach that "stays between the lines".

Thank you,

Bill