Releasing 2.1.5 or 2.1.6

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 16:11:49 CEST 2009

I'd like to package up the current release but I can't because the
current tar files have version problems. What is currently on the
download link is 2.1.4 but builds as 2.1.5. There have been two
different versions of the 2.1.4 tar file. This means we can never
release a 2.1.4 RPM because it's versioning is ambiguous. IMHO the 2.1.4
release should be considered defunct. There is a 2.1.5 trial version on
the build server that I've lightly tested, perhaps others should as
well. Can we move the next release forward to an official release so we
can get a release out to supercede the current version, which to my
thinking is 2.1.3 (because 2.1.4 is not identifiable).

P.S.: We also need to be careful, if what becomes 2.1.5 is not identical
to what's in the 2.1.4 tar file we should go to 2.1.6 because we won't
be able to disambiguate between a 2.1.5 built from a 2.1.4 tar file and
the actual 2.1.5 built from a 2.1.5 tar file. This means the next
release should probably be 2.1.6 with 2.14 and 2.1.5 marked as suspect
in the changelog.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?