freeradiusclient and CHAP support

Christopher Gamio cgamio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:11:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the client library and was looking for some help.

I'm currently using both the freeradius server and client and I was
having some issues with CHAP support. I noticed in the code that the
CHAP section of the client side was commented out. I'm tried
uncommenting it, noticed the password length issues and checked
google. I already know that CHAP isn't the best protocol to use, and I
agree. Unfortunately, I still need to use it anyway. I have been
looking through the source trying to figure out what the problem is
the code is. Like I said, I noticed the password length error and
tried simply compensating for that, but the passwords still do not
match. What puzzles me is that CHAP works just fine in the radclient
packaged with the server, so I feel that it should not be impossible
to implement in the client library. If someone could point me in the
right direction, or possibly explain the root cause of the problem in
more detail, that would be much appreciated.
Any help you could offer would be great. Thanks.

Chris Gamio