CISCO_ACCOUNTING_HACK

Gabriel Blanchard gabe at teksavvy.ca
Mon Aug 17 20:05:21 CEST 2009

On 17-Aug-09, at 1:47 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> you should not hit this issue if your kit os okay.
> >>
> > huh? Not following the above sentence at all.
>
> typo:
>
> you should not hit this issue if your kit (NAS) is okay

Now that makes more sense.

> > perhaps.  Do you have some kind of example? I don't think it's
> > documented.
>

> eg
>
> accounting {
>         #  Only let accounting be done to detail module if session
> time is not zero!
>         if (Acct-Session-Time != 0) {
>                 detail
>         }
>         else {
>                 ok
>         }
>
> }
>

> the 'ok' is to let accounting carry on with no failure if the
> session time
> IS zero

Thanks. Didn't think of that. The issue really wasn't obvious that's
really my beef.
Since I think I only have maybe one or two Acct-Stops with an Acct-
Session-Time of 0.
And well, my detail file kept growing and growing without being
processed and nothing pointed to it
being the problem.

Now on another note (not sure If I should create a separate thread
about this)

in detail.c

	/*
	 *	Cap delay at 4 packets/s.  If the end system can't
	 *	handle this, then it's very broken.
	 */
	if (data->delay_time > (USEC / 4)) data->delay_time= USEC / 4;

My (and most) SQL servers are capable of handling more than 4 SQL
queries per second. Maybe that setting shouldn't be so static?

-Gabriel