about oracle performance improvement

zhongwei feng fengzhw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:49:01 CEST 2009

hi everyone,

	i  use rlm_sql driver oracle , and improve that performance.

	my method :change the querystr schema(and also backward compatible), and use OCIBindByName/OCIBindByPos functions  , about 150 lines of code

/*
 *  SQL WITH BIND : <SQL>\P<BIND1>\P<BIND2>.....\P<BINDn>
 *  BIND1 : <NAME>=<VALUE>             ; the <NAME> is optional, if none, bindbyindex
 *
 */

	Comparison of dynamic sql and binding sql, performance increased by 50% or even 400% (especially in the relatively slow CPU environment)

	BTW:raddb/sql/oracle/schema.sql, lack an index for the RADCHECK.username

	anyone can contact me , get the code , and / or commit them to the FreeRadius Project?