next release?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 22:07:15 CET 2009

We're trying coordinate our release schedule for our next version of
RHEL (RHEL 6.0). As it stands now RHEL6 will release with FreeRADIUS
version 2.1.7. But it takes us a very long time to prepare a new RHEL
release and in the interim there may be an opportunity to upgrade the
version of FreeRADIUS in RHEL6 to something newer should you decide to
make a new release in the next few months.

I seem to recall a discussion that the next significant release will be
2.2.0. Is that still correct? Do you have an anticipated release date
for that? What major new features and/or bug fixes do you anticipate
being in it?

I ask these questions because I might be able to ask management to
anticipate we will need to rebase the version of FreeRADIUS to something
newer in RHEL6 than the current 2.1.7. But to do so I have to provide
dates and the supporting reasons why this would be a good thing to do.

Thanks.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?