Authentication

Scott Pinhorne scott.pinhorne at voxit.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 14:13:41 CET 2009

Good Morning

I am receiving authentication requests from clients GPRS devices.

The problem I have is the user/pass are not unique only the
call-station-id is so I need to have free radius client authenticate on
calling-station-id and not take in to account the user/pass. So if the
calling-station-id matches the request I would like to then return the
appropriate information.

I am using MySQL to authenticate.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Example Request

Access-Request packet from host 192.168.71.1:4358, id=172, length=118

        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.71.1

        NAS-Identifier = "GRN-J20"

        Called-Station-Id = "domain.com"

        Framed-Protocol = GPRS-PDP-Context

        Service-Type = Framed-User

        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual

        User-Name = "void"

        User-Password = "void"

        Calling-Station-Id = "4412345678912"

        3GPP-IMSI-MCC-MNC = "12345"

Best Regards

Scott Pinhorne

Tel: 0845 862 0371

http://www.voxit.co.uk <http://www.voxit.co.uk>

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information in this email is for the named addressee only. As this
email may contain confidential or privileged information if you are not,
or suspect that you are not, the named addressee other person
responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee, please
contact us immediately. Please note that we cannot guarantee that this
message has not been intercepted and amended. The views of the author
may not necessarily reflect those of VoxIT Ltd.

VIRUS NOTICE

The contents of any attachment may contain software viruses, which could
damage your own computer. While VoxIT Ltd has taken reasonable
precautions to minimise the risk of software viruses, it cannot accept
liability for any damage, which you may suffer as a result of such
viruses. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before
opening any attachment.

dangerous content by VOXIT Limited, and is
believed to be clean.