FW: FreeRadius Data Accounting

Andrew Paternoster andrew at gpk.net.au
Tue Feb 10 12:09:44 CET 2009

Thanks for the response. I don't really like the session-time out solution wouldn't this mean the users would get disconnected every 23 hours. And if they first connect during the middle of the day then this will cause problems.

I was thinking of changing the accounting_update_query so that it would create a new record every 23:59's of running and then update the new record with new data. This would allow query's to be run on the existing database with out any major changes. I have been doing this manually by changing accounting_update_query_alt to accounting_update_query restarting radius waiting a few mins then changing it back. But I was looking for a more automated fix.

This also has the added benefit of being able to run reports daily, weekly , monthly ,yearly for time and data.

Can you see any problems with my suggestion?
Also do you know when the accounting_update_query_alt is used over the accounting_update_query I may be able to use this to implement my fix.

Thank you
Andrew Paternoster