Debian and RTLD_GLOBAL (again)

Chris Moules chris at gms.lu
Wed Jan 7 14:32:03 CET 2009

Hi,

I have been following the development of the 2.x branch of FreeRADIUS for awhile. We have been looking at moving our Debian
systems running FreeRADIUS 1.1.x to the 2.x release. Most things are fine, more than that, the FR 2.x release is great.

There is a sticking point however, on systems that use the sqlippool module there is still the crash due to a symbol lookup
error, the known Debian RTLD_GLOBAL (or lack thereof) issue (I have tried resolving some of this myself, but it is beyond my
ken). I have seen that there has been work towards resolving this, The last I (productively) saw written on this was:
<http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2008-November/msg00110.html>

Alan, what would your "one more fix" be? I can try to work on this if you can point me in the right direction.
I would really like to get this working so that I can decommission the last remaining 1.1.x servers.

Thanks for any input.

Regards

Chris