FreeRADIUS and OpenSSL Linkage

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Jan 10 18:40:51 CET 2009

Hi,

> cycles at the moment). If anybody else has some extra cycles to help
> port FreeRADIUS to NSS please let me know, your help would be greatly
> appreciated!

..this sounds more like reinventing the wheel for the sake
of a couple of small issues. OpenSSL can be FIPS 140-2 too
with the right version + FIPS patch.  What are the main
issues with moving to NSS from OpenSSL - what code changes
would be required , how would eg the demo certs be generated
upon base install and what resources will be provided for
those folk who use many other systems that are all OpenSSL
based so that they can learn this lingo.... and finally,
how many distros will be using NSS in the future - or
is this a very local Redhat thing?

alan