status server

Gabriel Blanchard gabriel at teksavvy.com
Wed Jan 21 22:27:41 CET 2009

Man I've been bugging you guys all day... Another issue came up when I
tried to enable the status server. I used the default settings
provided and this is what I get.

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/status[20]: Failed to find module
"ok".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/status[19]: Errors parsing
authorize section.

 From what I understand "ok" isn't even supposed to be processed by
modcall.c

I found another thread regarding this pasted below...

 >> /opt/radius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/status[63]: Failed to find
module
 >"ok".
 >> Wed Nov 26 15:53:18 2008 : Error:
 >> /opt/radius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/status[61]: Errors parsing
authorize
 >> section.
 >> Wed Nov 26 15:53:18 2008 : Debug:  }
 >> Wed Nov 26 15:53:18 2008 : Debug: }
 >> Wed Nov 26 15:53:18 2008 : Error: Errors initializing modules
 >>
 >> The same config works fine with REL3 and 32 bit.
 >>
 >> Any ideas what could be wrong ?
 >
 >  Nope.  I'll see if I have access to a 64-bit system.
 >
 >  Alan DeKok.

I'm using FreeBSD amd64 so I figured that I'm also affected. After
digging for an hour in the source code I pretty much gave up, but I
did find a work-around by declaring

         always okhack {
                 rcode = ok
         }

and then replacing the "ok"s with okhack in the status server. That
seems to have fixed it.

-Gabriel