Hack way to compile freeradius causing freeradius to hang under multithread mode

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 07:42:26 CEST 2009

When I run ./configure .... under uclibc, it can succcessful produce a Makefile. But with that makefile, compilation will fail because the lack of THREAD_TLS under uclibc. Then I went on to modify ( by hand ) src/include/autoconf.h to comment HAVE_THREAD_TLS, then compilation could be completed.

However, the produced binary will not work under multithread mode, it will only work under these modes :-

         radiusd -X
         radiusd -s
         radiusd -t

It will not work if it's run as :-

         radiusd

Well, this behaviour is repeatable under gnu lib environment too ( tested
under debian environment), ie run ./configure, edit src/include/autoconf.h by hand to comment HAVE_THREAD_TLS.

Any suggest what's next best thing to do ?

Regards.