Does freeradius-client library support CHAP protocol?

wlanmac wlan at mac.com
Wed Mar 18 07:25:06 CET 2009

Hi,

I disagree that CHAP is without use. In fact, it could even be one of
the most used protocols, at least for hotspot (captive portal)
authentication, second to only PAP. I think you want to pick your
protocol carefully, depending on the application and other requirements.
PAP, for instance, is a bad choice if your shared secret isn't all that
secret (like with FON, for instance). In all, I think each protocol has
it's place and use. In some situations, protocols might be useless or
unavailable. But, in another networks and environments, the same
protocol might be very suitable or the only option available.

cheers,
David