GnuTLS and FreeRADIUS

Carolin Latze carolin.latze at unifr.ch
Fri May 8 17:29:33 CEST 2009

Hi Jouni

> If nothing else, that wrapper shows how GnuTLS can be used with EAP.
> Anyway, I'm planning on cleaning up the TLS library API in
> hostapd/wpa_supplicant a bit, so if there is something that would help
> with FreeRADIUS, that could be considered at the same time. The TLS
> wrapper code should already have quite limited dependencies on other
> code from hostapd/wpa_supplicant, so from that view point, I would also
> expect it to work more or less as-is with FreeRADIUS as long as you are
> fine with selecting the TLS library at build time.

that would be fine for me. At the moment, I am comparing OpenSSL and
GnuTLS methods, in order to replace one with the other(s). That will
probably lead to the desired goal, but is rather complicated. I hope I
finish that approach next week and can check it... but I don't expect it
will run immediately as I am a bad programmer. That's why I also started
to investigate wpa_supplicant again (that sounds like the easier way).
There are a lot of tls related files and a lot of eap_server files (for
most of the EAP methods). There is one file called eap_tls.c in
eap_server. Is that the one to start with? It includes to tls related
header files and from my understanding those provide generic interfaces
for the tls implementations. Is that right?

Regards
Carolin