EAP proxing with client-balance

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Sun Oct 11 00:32:46 CEST 2009

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbard-bell at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alexander Clouter wrote:
>>
>> I would argue you actually want to keep the src_ipaddr check to pick up
>> on upstream *broken* load balancers, unfortunately it's just currently
>> FreeRADIUS does have a broken load balancer.
>
> Hmm no. For reliability it'd be better if the check is removed as well
> (i'm not sure why it's there are all TBH), else you'd still have
> compatibility issues with older versions of FreeRADIUS.

After posting I thought it should be left in but the 'rcode != 0' should
be expanded to have a warning explaining that the upstream load-balancer
needs to be cremated. :)

If I put together the trivial patch, would it be desired?

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Don't get mad, get interest.