FreeRADIUS 2.1.8 fails to build when configured --without-pthreads

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 20 19:51:31 CEST 2010

Scott Neugroschl wrote:
> src/main/event.c compile fails when configured --without-pthreads,
> because WITH_PROXY is still defined in radius.h

  Why are you configuring it with those options?  While they're intended
to work, they are *not* intended for general use.

  i.e. if you care enough about program size, complexity, whatever to
edit those options, you're in a very esoteric problem space.

> Any advice?

  Edit the source code...

> Also, how should WITHOUT_PROXY/WITHOUT_COA/whatever be specified during
> configure -- by using CPPFLAGS?

  Yes.  They are not intended for general use.

> And how should I report nitpicky gcc-isms?

  We see them already when doing development builds.  Please report
fixes, not compiler warnings.