rlm_ldap & TCP KeepAlive

Fred MAISON fred.maison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:19:25 CEST 2010

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:56:25 +0200
> From: Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
> Subject: Re: rlm_ldap & TCP KeepAlive
> 	<freeradius-devel at lists.freeradius.org>
>
> Fred MAISON wrote:
> > Some stateful equipments like firewall or load-balancers tends to drop
> > long-time idle tcp session to protect their session tables.
> > To keep idle tcp session active and avoid this kind of deconnections, I
> > found it could be useful to be able to configure TCP KeepAlive from
> > rlm_ldap config file, exposing TCP KeepAlive options available in
> > Openldap libraries to rlm_ldap config file :
> > LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_IDLE, LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_PROBES,
> > LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_INTERVAL
>
>   Yup.
>
> > Unfortunately, as Redhat released his 5.5, I don't have anymore access
> > to jdennis binary repository, so I am in trouble to recompile 2.1.8 for
> > CentOS 5.4 on x86_64.
> > I have tried to recompile freeradius 2.1.8 with this patch from
> > fedoraproject cvs sources, but I don't know how to integrate this patch
> > in the source tree.
>
>   Use the "patch" program:
>
> $ hg diff > patch
> $ cd src/modules/rlm_ldap
> $ patch -p1 < ../../patch
>
>   Then build it.
>
>   This can be done after the "configure" stage.
>
> > Once validated, could this kind of code be integrated in a future
> > release ?
>
>   Yes.  John has a number of LDAP patches pending.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I am interested with John's patches.
Where are they available ?
I am also interested with Alexander Coulter patches you talked about in
a post dated 28 Jan 2010 17:36:46 +0100 regarding ldap redundancy &
Ldap-Group checkItem in user file (message
4B61BD1E.1090005 at deployingradius.com)

As you talked about integration of those patches in 2.2.0, How can I
access freeradius 2.2.x cvs ?
I tried cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout
radiusd, but the version retrieved there seems to be 2.0.6 ...

Best regards,
Fred MAISON