Problems with compiling rlm_sql_oracle module

Dan Lark dan.lark at htc.hargray.com
Wed Aug 18 16:27:04 CEST 2010

Okay, having actually RTFM from Github, I was able to d/l the latest. I
was able to get it to compile and here's what I found:

1. ORACLE_HOME should only be set if the user is compiling from a full
blown Oracle client install, not just the InstantClient.
2. The user will have be cognizant of the architecture for which his
compiling, e.g. x86_64 vs. i386. This is true at least on Linux.
3. The version of libnnz is right now set for Oracle 10, libnnz10.so. I
had to tweak this to libnnz11.so to get it to work for Oracle 11.

With the myriad of ways that Oracle support could be compiled in, you'd
think Oracle would come out with an easy way of doing this. I can dream,
can't I?

Now the big test will be to see how well it works!

-dan