freeradius-server-2.1.10 compiles on HP-UX 11.31 with errors.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 23 14:38:07 CET 2010

Giampiero Torrielli wrote:
> I compiled and installed freeradius (freeradius-server-2.1.10) on a HPUX
> 11.31 Itanium V3 system, but I had to make some little code and makefile
> modifications.
>
> I would like to tell you these changes
>
> In the file :
> freeradius-server-2.1.10/src/modules/rlm_eap/rlm_eap.c
> in the new function static int eap_handler_ptr_cmp, the HP CC compiler
> gives an error on the returning value type.
>
> diff:
>
> line 111
> <   return (a - b);
> ---
>>   return ((int)a - (int)b);

  Ugh.  The result of subtracting two pointers is usually a signed
integer.  If you're pedantic, "ptrdiff_t".  The compiler shouldn't
require a cast to "int".

  I'm not opposed to adding it, but it really doesn't do anything for
ISO C compatible compilers.

> In the file :
> freeradius-server-2.1.10/raddb/Makefile
> the HP ln command, don't understand the command line format. a '.'
> should be add to the end of command lines

  While this patch works for you, it will break every single other
system.  So it can't be added to the distribution.