fr_packet_cmp again

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 28 14:05:54 CEST 2011

Josip Almasi wrote:
> Died 7 mins after with
> Error: ASSERT FAILED threads.c[423]: request->magic == REQUEST_MAGIC
> :/

  That's terrible.  But at least it helps track down where the problem is.

  It's starting to look like the problem is in the hash table code...
there isn't much that's the same between 2.1 and 3.0.

> Could it be some sort of timing issue, i.e. I have faster box than you
> so you cant reproduce it?

  Yes.

> BTW I like what I saw in 3, response time under heavy load is way better.

  That's good to hear.  I'd like to see graphs, if at all possible...

  I'm not sure *why* it's better, but the reason could very well be that
the code and algorithms are substantially cleaner.