Roaming support

Filippo Sallemi tonyputi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:53:43 CEST 2011

Thank you for reply, but probably I miss some important information.

I need to have coovachilli running on every ap that have a xDSL
connection (Gateway) because my network is a layer2 mesh network so I
have all my nodes configured with the same channel and evey node can
comunicate with other node of my mesh network.
Also every AP with xDSL connection are located in place geographically
far so it's not possible an xDSL load balancing scenario.

I know the mac-auth feature of coovachilli but with this feature I
miss username and password authentication (absolutelly required on my
network).

Every user have setted Simultaneous-Use to 1

Here my current scenario:
1. New client is associated to the network and the user is redirected
to UAM Login page
2. the user put username and password and perform a login.
3. the user is now authenticated and can surf the web
4. at this time the gateway of this user die and the network configure
itself to use another gateway (whit another istance of coovachilli) so
the user would be forced to perform another login but Simultaneous-Use
block access for this user (because is already logged in)

My thinked scenario (whit mac-auth):
1. New client is associated to the network and the user is redirected
to UAM Login page
2. the user put username and password and perform a login.
3. the user is now authenticated and can surf the web
4. at this time the gateway of this user die and the network configure
itself to use another gateway (with another istance of coovachilli) so
the new gateway should try to find a record to the radacct table with
client macaddr and stoptime=0 and if present grant the access.

Now I want to know the right way to do this or look some good doc.

Rgds

--
Filippo Sallemi