OT epoll wang fight [was: LDAP timeouts during failure conditions]

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Jun 30 21:28:00 CEST 2011

Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> There's absolutely no discernible issue with using epoll over select
> in any app

...so you will be showing me example epoll() code for Windows, Solaris
and *BSD eh? ;)

> except a micro-benchmark designed to test syscall latency in the case
> with small numbers of FDs.

I never mentioned benchmarks :P

I was more muttering on the portability front, the path of #ifdef
madness is a wicked one...udpfromto.c anyone (free beer to the person
who finds the worst example of addition to #ifdef)?

> So, I disagree completely ;o)

We are all free to be wrong :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Why does a ship carry cargo and a truck carry shipments?