Compilation broken in v2.1.x branch?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 13 18:51:52 CET 2011

Brian Candler wrote:
> I hadn't done a 'git pull' and recompile since 1st February. Now when I try
> it again, the build fails on my machine (Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64)
..
> /v/git/freeradius-server/src/main/modules.c:1395: undefined reference to `lt__PROGRAM__LTX_preloaded_symbols'

  The configuration system is using libtool from your system
installation, but libltdl from the local FreeRADIUS source.  The libtool
people have a wonderful practice of upgrading systems in incompatible
ways...

> And to confirm this manually:
> - a checkout of 995b62f8 builds successfully
> - bc9435fd builds successfully
> - 2d0c5fa9 fails as above
..
> I'm no expert in autoconf black magic, but it seems to me that the "fix
> typos" actually introduced one (it should be libltdl not libtldl)

  OK.  That checkin seemed to have caused a whole bunch of other
problems, too.  I'll revert it.