how to add MSCHAPV2 Retry Max

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed May 11 16:22:54 CEST 2011

John.Hayward at wheaton.edu wrote:

>>  Storing data for (potentially) 100's of 1000's of users means "use a DB".
>
> I was hoping to only store the value of retry remaining when there was a
> failure of authentication for the session.  The vast majority of
> connections to the radius server succeed since they are cashed in the
> machines of the users. Failure of passwords occur after a password change
> or when first connecting to the network both of which are a relatively rare
> occurrence.
>
> Is there another preferred way to keep track of remaining retry counts for
> a particular session.

The rlm_perl script would be able to do this.  You need to find/hire a
Perl monkey though to do this for you[1].

The following will give them a good template to start with (so they
know the type of thing that needs to be done):

http://stuff.digriz.org.uk/cache_ldap-userdn.pm

Cheers

[1] <shameless-self-promo> I own a consultancy hat...

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: OK, enough hype.