Standardised JSON VP list format

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 8 14:34:06 CET 2011

Phil Mayers wrote:
> I'll note this syntax doesn't preserve the original inter-attribute
> ordering in the packet

  RFC 2865 mandates that inter-attribute order doesn't matter.

> (though I assume it will preserve intra-attribute
> ordering).

  Yes.  RFC 2865 mandates that intra-attribute ordering is preserved.

> Whether this matters or not, I don't know (but what about
> tagged/group attrs?)

  Tags could be another field in an "attribute" struct.  But
semantically, attributes with the same tag are grouped together.

  Tags are really an atrocious hack.

  My $0.02 is to represent them as fields in an attribute:

 "<attribute>":{
     type:"<type>",
     value:[<values>]
     tag:"<integer>"