Standardised JSON VP list format

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Nov 8 17:18:59 CET 2011

On 8 Nov 2011, at 16:53, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> writes:
>
>> I'm proposing the following JSON structures for VP lists being sent
>> from and parsed by FreeRADIUS.
>
> I would suggest studying the unlang and users manual pages in detail,
> and at least make sure that whatever format you choose can be used to
> express everything possible within the server today.  I.e. DO NOT limit
> yourself to 2 lists when the server maintains 7...
>
> Just my .02 greek euros

The request, proxy-reply, coa and dm lists are the only ones which will not contain locally generated content.
I guess request can be substituted where appropriate.

It's actually quite hard to include multiple lists in the request codewise.

Regarding unlang, the format proposed is actually *more* flexible than the current unlang 'update' constructs :)

Running the values through XLAT also exposes all kinds of additional awesomeness. For example if you wanted
to increase the debug level for a particular request you could just include

{
	"control:Tmp-String-0":"%{debug:3}"
}

in the response.

I guess it'd be nice to have

{
	"void":"%{debug:3}"
}

Where the expansion is done but the VP is never added...

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at networkradius.com

Technical consultant and solutions architect

15 Ave. du Granier, Meylan, France
+33 4 69 66 54 50