DHCP not functional in master?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 17:22:15 CET 2011

I'm having trouble getting the "master" branch to work with dhcp. The
sites-available/dhcp file says:

"""
In order for this to work, you will need to run configure:

         $ ./configure --with-dhcp
         $ make
         $ vi share/dictionary

## Un-comment the line containing $INCLUDE dictionary.dhcp
## Then, save the file.

         $ make install
"""

...problem being those instructions don't work - there is no
"dictionary.dhcp" line. If I add it and perform "make install", then
when I try to start a server with the example "dhcp" virtual server
enabled, it bombs out with:

sites-enabled/dhcp[114]: Post-Auth-Type DHCP-Discover Not previously
configured

Looking at the main/modules.c code, it seems that:

server {
   dhcp DHCP-Discover {
     ..

...is supposed to effectively map to:

server {
   post-auth {
     Post-Auth-Type DHCP-Discover {
       ..

...but I don't see how the code there can currently work; it seems it
will always fail unless there is some kind of dictionary definition for:

VALUE	Post-Auth-Type		DHCP-Discover	x

...and so on. Am I missing something?